Saturday, October 17, 2009

Moving Day

Today was the moving day of my friend (and her family). They moved from a house to a house one mile apart, so it would be not so bad, that's what I thought. No-no, I was wrong. The problem is not the distance, but the stuff! They have tons of stuff. I was astonished at the amount of stuff, and thought, "Oh, man, it must be miracle if we finish moving today." Well, that may be a typical American household.

I don't know how many times the truck went back and forth between the two houses. She was lucky to have five, six robust, masculine guys to help her move. One of the guys was cute and funny. Yes, I went there to help, not to hunt a guy.

Anyway, it was a nice escape from reality of mine. And physical labor is good for your mental health. My body is tired, but I feel better than yesterday.