Sunday, November 23, 2008

Batman Is Getting Darker and Darker and Darker


Double DS took me to the Batman movie this afternoon. DSs looked great after a long vacation in Florida. Mm, I'm jealous.

I've been always a fan of Batmobiles. This Batmotorcycle (above) is cool. It transforms from the Batmobile (below). Transformation is coll, but the Batmobile is not as cool as transformation. It looks like a tank, and doesn't involve aesthetic design at all. Boo.


In terms of Batmobile, my favorite is the one Michael Keaton drives in "Batman Returns." "Batman Returns" is the best Batman movie among others, by the way. No massive killings, no gross scenes, no excessive destruction. More importantly, "Batman Returns" has a great aesthetic sense. Of course, it is a Tim Burton movie. The sets, props, costumes, makeups and everything are the taste of Tim Burton. He is awesome.

On the other hand, "Batman: The Dark Knight" is too dark and too serious. As a result, I thought, "Man, these guys are so serious. It should be a comic world. This is ridiculous."

But thank DSs for dragging me away from my computer and my patch-work papers for a while.