Friday, February 20, 2009

Japanese B Gourmet Food Party


I was busy all day.

I met my dental appointment in the morning. I had a student appointment right after that. It lasted about two hours. Man, she asked me a lot of questions. I'm not complaining. Actually, she is a good student. Anyhow, I went to the library to pick up the book on hold, and also the museum of history to attend GA's presentation, which turned out to be interesting. She is an archaeologist. I don't know anything about archaeology. Well, I know some, at the elementary level though.

Finally, I came home around 2:30, which was the starting point of my cooking marathon. The party menu tonight was okonomiyaki, salad rolls, Philadelphia rolls, nikujaga (literary, it means simmered beef and potatoes, but I made it without beef because I was supposed to have a couple of vegetarian guests), seasoned hijiki (seaweeds). Because I promised my guests that the kitchen would be open at 6, I pushed myself to cook kind of in a hurry. Three hours and half cooking made me tired, but at the same time, doing something creative made me feel good.

All my guests are Americans, so my Japanese friend teased me before the party by saying, "I don't think hijiki is a good idea. I guess it looks gross for Americans." Guess what? My guests loved it! Well, they may not be typical Americans, hee hee hee.

I appreciate that they came over and enjoyed (or preteded to enjoy) my Japanese B food. And one of my guests, GM, brought some flowers, which is beautiful. Because I forgot to take photos of my food, I took a photo of his flowers :)