Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blessed Thursday


I haven't referred to my schedule of this term here. This term, Tuesdays and Thursdays are big days for me because ... I'm teaching! Can you believe this? I can't believe this myself. Though I'm getting used to it (of course, it's already Week 4), it consumes a lot of my energy and time.

Anyway. Today, another Thursday, when I came home, checked my mailbox, and found a pink slip there. A pink slip means, "You've got a package." So, I went to the community center which holds our packages. The box was from YO. Yipee! I suddenly became excited, probably overexcited.

I'm always thrilled to open the box from YO because it is always full of surprise. This time ... Ochazuke! Koya-dofu (my favorite Japanese traditional food, by the way)! Hijiki and dried daikon radish (my favorite, too)! A box of Japanese curry roux! Rare Japanese spice and stuff!

Now, I need to plan very carefully how to appreciate them. Definitely, I have to have a party (Okonomiyaki party?) or two (Japanese curry party? Yes, I may invite my Indian friends). And the dessert for the parties will be Kinako mochi. Perfecto!

Thanks a bunch, YO!