Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Canker Sore


Excuse my gross photo. I've got a canker sore, which is really really annoying.

IF I were in Japan, I would go to see a doctor and the doctor would fix it in a second for, say, $10 or $20. But here ... in a country where medical costs are crazy, nothing can be done.

I called the university health center to make an appointment to fix this annoying stuff in my mouth. But, they didn't let me make an appointment. The operator put me through to a nurse, and she gave me suggestions to gaggle with hot water and salt or baking soda, avoid spicy food, and whatever. Come on, just let me see a doctor!

But I analyzed this situation. According to my analysis (or guess), the university health center does not want to reduce the number of patients as few as possible. Doctors who are stationed in the center are not hired by the university. Actually, they have their real jobs in hospital outside the university. Anyway, I guess that doctors are paid by the university, depending on the number of their patients. Because the economy is bad, actually terrible, the university wants to reduce the costs as much as possible. University is a business, man!

Mm, this canker sore is really annoying.