Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


I don't remember how many years I didn't visit a shrine or temple at midnight of New Year's Day. So, after numerous years, I did this year, that is, today!

Because I had to drive, I couldn't drink, grrr. My brother started drinking beer at dinner of New Year's Eve and switched to sake and kept drinking until we left for a temple. What a thoughtful brother I have!

Anyway, we left warm home around 11:30 yesterday. It was snowing, not hard, just drizzling, but it was freezing outside. Though it was freezing at my sensitive level, there were tons of people at the temple, which is not famous like Yasaka Shrine or something like that. Hmm, everyone appeared to want blessings for a new year.

After coming home from the temple, I had the first beer of this year, Asahi Super Dry, with Hamadaya's goma-dofu in Koya-san. I think this year will be nice :)