Saturday, May 29, 2010

Disney Ruins Tim Burton and Johnny Depp


I watched this in 2D, of course. I learned with Avatar that I'd get sick with 3D. But obviously, this movie was designed for 3D for sure.

Anyway, this movie is not good enough for entertainment. In fact, I was disappointed, almost shouting, "Where's the beauty of Tim Burton?!" "Where's the acting of Johnny Depp?!" Johnny Depp worked fine with Disney, regarding "Pirates of the Caribbean," but he doesn't in this movie that was also produced by Disney. Tim Burton, either. I think Tim Burton should go back with Warner.

Production aside, I don't feel comfortable with the ending of the movie. Does it imply that Alice who could be the conqueror (or savior?) of the wonderland will become a conqueror, exploiter, ruler, or whatever of other lands in reality. Man, that's white ideology. White people don't conquer everything, man. Why fairy tales are all about white?! Yeah, of course, they were created by white people. But that kind of concept is not appropriate today, and the problem is, Disney, one of the powerful media giants, is emphasizing that distorted concept.

Man, I just wanted to have fun with my friends tonight, but Disney ruined it!