Sunday, June 6, 2010

Airline Business

Yeah! I'm home! The humidity that you feel as soon as you get off the plane at the Kansai Airport makes me feel I'm home!

My excitement aside, I realized something in my flight. Seats have been more segmented?!

I was assigned to an Economy Plus seat that has 5 inch more space than ordinary economy seats. Only 5 inch extra space, but it made a difference.

When I left for the bathroom and walked to the rear-end of the plane, I found that half of the economy class consists of Economy Plus, and the rest economy seats. Then, I thought, this is an actual price raise because Economy Plus seats are more expensive than normal economy seats (I didn't pay extra because of a frequent flyer privilege).

Airlines are getting increasingly unfriendly to budget passengers ... mm.