Monday, October 6, 2008

Beginning of the Term Feeling

At the beginning of the term, I always get depressed, lightly. I was attacked by that light depression last week when school started. Not depressed, maybe, but overwhelmed. Either way, I didn't feel good until this afternoon.

After I came home, I checked my emails and found an email from a local theater which I almost regularly write previews for. B at the theater said that he got a CD for my preview. It was still light and, most importantly, it was not raining, so I biked to the theater to collect the CD.

When I opened the office door, a couple of familiar people were sitting and chatting in the office.

"Hey, long time no see. What's up, man?"
"Well, I've been too lazy to come over."
"And busy, huh? School has just started. How's your school?"
"Damn, it's already stressful. What are you guys up to? You look having fun, sitting on chairs ..."

It's just a small talk. But I really appreciate that because I felt like "Yes! I have someone who know me!" That lit up my feeling very much.

After I came back from the theater, my roomy came over. It may sound weird, but my roomy is not actually sharing the apartment with me. She is living with her boyfriend in a different unit of the same apartment complex. Anyway, she came. She gave me a hug. We chatted for a while. Again, it was a small talk, but I felt really good because I felt like being cared.

Those guys made my day.