Monday, July 20, 2009

In the Air Again

Man! It’s too early! I woke up 4:00 am to catch the 6:10 flight though I’m still struggling with jet lag (of course, I just came back from Japan yesterday evening).

On the flight, the first thing that came to my mind is, “Oops, I forgot my camera.” Well, that’d be no problem. I’m going to Mexico City to attend the conference, and I probably won’t have time to hang around the city.

The Mexico City Airport is conveniently located to the city center. There is a subway station close to the airport, urgh, like the Fukuoka Airport. Anyway, in 20, 30 minutes, you arrive downtown.

People were kind and nice though most of them do not understand English. Yes, I know I should speak Spanish. But I realized I have lost my Spanish terribly. I’m bad.

Because of media images of Mexico, in my poor imagination, people are killing each other in Mexico City, wearing a mask to avoid swine flu. As educated people do, I say that it was not true.