Friday, February 11, 2011

Drug Dealer?!

I was housesitting my friend's home today until my friend came home at night.

I was home alone in the morning. Close to noon, I got a call from my friend and she said she forgot to give a pill to her 9-year-old son this morning. M usually takes a pill in the morning, which is important. So, she asked me to take a pill to his school. No problem. M's school is just a few blocks down from the house.

I went to school and went into the office to ask someone to find M because I didn't know which classroom M was in. I told a lady in the office that I came here for M on behalf of D (my friend and M's mom). She obviously thought I was a suspicious person because I had a Ziploc bag with a little white pill in my hand. Come on, I'm not a drug dealer or something! She took me anyway to the classroom where M was and fetched him. M came out of the classroom. The lady asked M, "Do you know this lady (me)?" And, M said, "Yeah, sort of." Come on, M! You should say, "Yes," with a big smile, otherwise, I'd be more suspicious! The lady showed M the Ziploc bag with a pill and asked M, "Is this a pill that you usually take?" And, M asked me, "Mom called you?" And, I said, "Yes, she did. That's why I'm here." Then, the lady seemed to understand the relationship between M and me, phew.

It was a funny experience. M is a character. I told this story to D when she came home, and she laughed hard. Man ... America.