Friday, March 4, 2011

Free Wine-Tasting Turned Expensive

We went to La Velle Vineyards for Friday free wine-tasting tonight. I knew tastes of La Velle wine, thanks to DS and RN who poured La Velle wine on me. So, there was no reason for me to go all the way there to sip wine. But, I needed a little excursion from town. Remember, I spend most of my time in my little box in the library.

Anyway, we went there and tasted three types of wine. It was literary "tasting" or sips! Of course, it was not enough for us, big drinkers. We ended up buying a bottle of Pinot Noir ($20!). After finishing the bottle, we ordered a glass of Pinot Noir ($8!) for each of us. And, we had food ($17!). It was supposed to be a night for free, but we spent far more than we had expected. But, I should not complain. It was fun, and wine and food were very good.