Thursday, May 19, 2011

Favorite Coffee Shop


I have a favorite coffee shop near my apartment. It's pretty hippie. Now, the barista remembers my order by saying, "A 12 ounce soy latte," when he sees me entering the shop.

One reason why I like that place is that you can stay there as long as you want with an order of a cup of coffee. It's hippie, isn't it? Because of that, people stay there long, in my observation. And I recently realized that several high school students meet their tutors over there to do homework or something for an hour or so. Again, in my observation, those tutors are like in their 40s. What I mean by that is that they are not university students who do tutoring part-time. I imagine those people are pretty smart but cannot find a regular job so that they are making a living by tutoring. Or they may have a regular job, and they are tutoring, in addition. I don't know. But I thought it interesting that middle-age people are tutoring.