Saturday, September 17, 2011

Belknap Hot Springs


DS family invited me to Belknap Hot Springs. They are camping the whole weekend, but I just visited as a day trip.

Belknap is a very peaceful place with the sound of the water (McKenzie River). Oh, I love the sound of the water, which is really tranquil and soothes my feeling. It was totally relaxing by soaking my feet in hot springs, playing card games, sitting by the camp fire, and more. Huh, I don't want to think that school will start soon, sigh.


On the way home, I was scared. I was running out of gas! That was close to the end of the trip. But I was really scared because I couldn't find a gas station. Of course, I was driving a mountain road. I found the first gas station, but it turned out closed, geez. So, I had to drive several more miles. I was so relieved when I saw traffic lights (you know, you don't come across traffic lights while driving mountain roads). Automatically, I thought there must be a gas station. I was right! There was 76. Thank Buddha! I had my car pumped up and safely drove home. Phew, that was close.