Monday, September 26, 2011

School Started!

Today was the first day of being an adjunct. Ahhhh, I was seriously nervous and overwhelmed until this morning. But I'm glad that I'm kid-sitting at DS's. EB, DS's 12-year-old daughter, cheered me up before she left for school this morning. She's such a sweet girl. And I felt it's really nice to have someone at home who I can talk about my situation.

So, I went to school. A little nervous, but I was pretty calm by when I went into the classroom. About 80 student were attending. I started talking and tried to make them laugh to relax the atmosphere. I got good responses. They seemed to pay attention to me, laughed and responded to my questions. There are some students who speak their opinions, which is good. I'm glad to see students enjoying my lecture.

But after I finished class, I was totally exhausted. I was thirsty. I asked BB, my teaching assistant, for coffee. Again, I felt it's pretty nice to have someone to chat. BB is my teaching assistant, but he has the good amount of teaching experience. I'm embarrassed to give lectures in front of him. But he seems not to care of what I'm feeling.

Today's lecture was a success, I guess. But now I'm scared, thinking that I have to maintain this energy level and preparation in order to keep entertaining students. I spent a lot of my energy and time to prepare for today's lecture. I can't keep doing the same for 10 weeks. I will be burned out.