Saturday, May 3, 2008

Real Piano Sound


MT took me to a chamber orchestra tonight. Oh well, I was wondering if I could make it because IN was supposed to throw her birthday BBQ party this afternoon.But IN's party was postponed to next weekend. Then why did I need to turn down MT's offer? MT is such a musical person, and in fact, she used to play violin.

The orchestra and the guest soprano were OK. I don't care high tone of voice anyway. But the pianist, he was great! I wished this were his solo piano concert. Actually, there will be his solo concert next Wednesday, but I have class until 9 every Wednesday! Shoot!

MT told me the chamber orchestra is struggling financially, and therefore, the quality of their music is deteriorating. I thought it's OK, but she is sensitive to the sound of violin in the orchestra. She told me that while the first violinist played along Yuri Rozum's piano, each of the other five played different tones. Phew, that's a mess (though I can't tell the difference).

But the piano was good, and that's the most important thing to me, a piano lover. Thanks, MT, for inviting me to the concert. Such a cultural night.

Incidentally, I wore the dress and shoes that DM and CM bought for me tonight. MT is well trained (of course, she's from a "good" family obviously!) to praise my clothing in an exaggerated way. But I like her exaggeration :)