Sunday, April 18, 2010

Viva, British Cult Comedy!


Man, I'm addicted to Green Wing. Characters and characterization were awesome. To be honest, I didn't like this comedy when I started watching Season 2 because of course I didn't understand the story. So, after watching several episodes, I gave it up. But, guess what? I have things to do (e.g. preparation for class, revision of my papers, so on and so forth). Then, I easily escape from reality to something else. This time, I was addicted Green Wing. A-ha, logical, isn't it?

Anyway, I started watching Green Wing from Season 1. For one reason, I was missing pub culture in the U.K. that is frequently depicted in Green Wing. I'm going to the U.K. this summer, yea!

Anyway, Season 1 helped me understood the whole plot, of course. Then, I kept watching it until the last episode. It, especially the ending, was really good. It was different from ordinary happy ending drama (or comedy), yeah, it is kind of happy ending, but not quite. Oh, I love this kind of quirky (or sophisticated) sense of humor of British people.

Yes, I'm coming to the U.K.!