Tuesday, August 17, 2010

CNN


Yay, CNN! The first thing that I wanted to do in Atlanta is to visit CNN! Atlanta is the birthplace of CNN!


Though I had heard that the Inside CNN tour is not worth taking, I did anyway because I was a fan of CNN (I still am of Anderson Cooper, not Anderson Cooper 360, mind you). Yes, when I was a college kid, watching CNN International, I longed for being a part of CNN International (not CNN). I was naive :)

OK, so, the tour ... is not worth paying $15 or something (I paid $12, exploiting my student status). You may see some anchors actually on air and the newsroom, but so what?

During the tour, I thought I could not work in this environment. I can't stand being surrounded by flickering monitors. I would go crazy, ahhhhhh! Also, I can't stand huge wage gaps between superstar journalists (if you call them journalists) and newsroom workers. News organizations are totally hypocritical.