Friday, August 13, 2010

Tired of Flying

Flying is getting less and less comfortable each time I fly.

I am so tired in a hotel room in Atlanta. I woke up 3:40 in the morning to catch the 5:20 flight. I changed planes twice to get to Atlanta. Thanks to a flexible Delta ground staffer, I could catch a two-hour earlier flight. In Phoenix, we were kept in the grounded plane for about an hour because our plane was empty of fuel. Who forgets pumping fuel?! Come on! Anyway, I ended up arriving only one hour earlier than originally scheduled. Sigh, flying is really tiring and stressful.

Compared with air travel, ground travel is much easier and more punctual. And I found the railway systems in Atlanta are quite convenient. The airport and downtown are linked with railway systems, and they are close, only 20 minutes. I understand why Atlanta is a hub airport. Unlike KIX and Narita, Atlanta Airport is conveniently located.