Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tempeh Sloppy Joe


S took me to this beer place. She is a sweet person, and we have a great time to chat around over beer :)

I hadn't been there before, so I didn't know what to have. Well, I know what to have in terms of beer always, IPA, whoo-hoo. But, I didn't know what to eat. So, I just chose something sounds interesting, which is Tempeh Sloppy Joe. Sloopy Joe?! What's that?! It turned out very good with beer! I just fell in love with it. Probably, because it was cooked with tempeh. I'm not sure I liked it if it was cooked with ground beef. Mind you, I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't simply like cheap beef.

I found a recipe, thanks to the Internet :)

200g tempeh, crumbled
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, dices
1 tbs. soy sauce
100g barbecue sauce
4 buns