Saturday, August 30, 2008

1984


See this scary poster. Yes, it's "1984." A small company arranged the novel to a play. Because it was not officially open, we could tell the price of tickets. It's a neat system, and I like it. The official price is going to be $10. I said $5, because as you know I'm a student. Kind of power abuse? Anyhow, SH treated me. Thank you, SH.

Because even the official ticket price is cheap ($10), I thought I can't expect much. But I was wrong. This play was awesome. I don't remember the name of the playwright, but he/she did a great job. The story is basically the same as the novel, but the play contains more modern essences. And it describes implicitly what is happening in this country. The audience clearly understand what the play indicates. It was great.

One thing I couldn't accept is the temperature of the theater. It was freezing. Actually, we rushed outside for warmth during the interval. I don't understand why some people set air conditioning at such a low temperature. They must come from other planets.