Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hair Cut After More Than One Year!

A-ha! Finally, after more than one year, a year and half, maybe, I had my hair cut this afternoon. It is the first time for me to go to a hair salon in this hippie town, wow. I don't have my hair cut so often anyway because I don't feel comfortable to go to a hair salon even in Japan. I don't know, but it may be because I don't like awkward conversations between a hair dresser and me while having my hair cut, mm.

Anyhow, my hair was really long, well, I should say heavy. I have thick hair, which is good. But when it gets long, it becomes heavy. For instance, when I put my hair in a bun on the top of the head, I feel pressure from it. I almost gets a headache.

I complained about my long hair to my gym friend who is Korean, and she introduced her hair dresser to me. Initially, I was thinking of getting a hair cut in Hawaii when I go down there next month because I thought there must be a bunch of Asian hair dressers there, given the large population of Asians, especially Japanese. But this Korean gym friend who used to live in Hawaii told me that it is expensive in Hawaii and suggested to me to get one here, instead.

The hair dresser she introduced me was also Korean, a very nice, polite lady. Her work was fast and pretty good. Now, my hair is light again! And she charged me a very reasonable fee. $18 for a hair cut! I wrote a check of $22 including a tip for her, but it was still reasonable. I will come back to her some time again :)