Thursday, March 27, 2008

Go 200 Miles East!

DM and CM took courage to take me to the Carlsbad National Park which is approx. 210 miles away from their town. We waked up early, oh well, DM and CM usually get up early so I am the person who woke up earlier than usual. In fact, getting out of bed around 10 or 10:30 has become my routine since I came here. I'm lazy, huh? In other words, I'm enjoying the spring break fully.


On the way to Carlsbad, we drove up mountains. See this amazing scenary! The south of New Mexico is basically the desert. But the interesting thing is that as the higher it is the greener it is because the air contains more humidity as the altitude goes up. The end of the geology lesson.


We dropped by a little town to have a lunch and chose this coffee shop. We found that they serve great sandwiches, oooh, that was really tasty (expensive, though).


Again, we dropped by another small town for snack. In the former town, it was so cold that I needed a jacket. But here, it was 33C! Man, what a desert.