Sunday, March 9, 2008

She's "Wonderful"

Well, my mom is "wonderful," and I know, have known, that (for a looooong time).

For a change, she called me on Skype this afternoon. When she did, I was in the library and couldn't talk. She is not good at typing, you know. So, as soon as I left the library, I called her on the phone. I was kind of worried because my mom normally doesn't call me but she called me today. I thought of something bad. Well, I found that I was worrying over nothing.

"Hey Mom, what's up?"
"Hi Duck, a cable guy is coming next weekend to change the ADSL line to the optical fiber. We want to have wireless connections at home, but how can we ask him? Is he gonna charge extra?"
"Well Mom, your house already has wireless connections. You see the wireless router sitting next to the phone? I set it up, remember? So, ask the cable guy to use the wireless router when he comes. Then, he's not gonna charge you extra because the extra charge is the rental fee of the router from the broadband Internet company. But you don't need to rent it because you have it already, OK?"
"I don't understand what you are saying. Will you call here when he is here next Saturday?"

Doh! Why do I have to make an international call all the way to tell the cable guy to use the existing router?! Man, my mom is "wonderful."