Saturday, June 14, 2008

Extraterrestrial White Stuff


After I attended the alumni meeting, EC took me to Palm Springs to enjoy more sunshine. Actually, the sun is too strong here, and I believe staying in the sun more than 10 minutes must be a suicidal act. Well, I’d better not complain because I was missing the sun such a long time in the rainy, gloomy, depressing, hippie town. Finally, I’ve got the sun!

On the way to Palm Springs, I saw an extraordinary scenery. Wind mills. Hundreds of them. Being talk and white with rotating fans, they give an impression that they are not things on the Earth as if they were extraterrestrial stuff. Furthermore, the barren noise of wind (wind was very strong today) agitated that kind of feeling.


We are staying at the Miracle Springs hotel, which contains eight different hot springs. Yes, I need to heal my weary mind in hot springs! Luckily, I finally finished grading for this term. Actually, I brought the exams to grade all the way here, and while EC was bathing in hot springs outside, I was grading inside. I don’t want to do TA for that class ever again. Anyway, I’m done!