Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Café Theatro Circo


It is nice to walk around, but the strong sun easily made me tired. So, I dropped in a nice-looking café to take a rest and have a meal and wine. Yes, wine, because I’m on vacation!

The first waiting person didn’t understand English at all, and the café didn’t have an English menu or a menu with pictures, which I could point a plate with my finger. The first waiting person gave up and called a person who speaks English. Phew to both the first waiting person and me!

After walking around under the strong sun, I didn’t feel huge appetite. Asked for a small dish, the second, English-speaking waiting person recommended me a salad. Mm, salad again, I thought. But, the salad he recommended turned out very nice. It was made of lettuce, goat cheese, slices of apple, mushrooms, raisons, pine seeds (?), and vinegar-based dressing. Simple, but yummy. I love goat cheese, anyway.


Before I left, I used the bathroom that was located in the basement. The basement was dark to me who came in from the sunny outside. I managed to climb down the stairs, turned around and found the whole basement is designed just for one toilet. What a luxury!