Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Victoria Hall

Initially, I planned to stay at MA’s place while in Cardiff, but it turned out that he was out of the country this weekend. So, I changed my plan and booked a room of university flats. To be exact, this is not run by Cardiff University but by a private company. Anyway, Victoria Hall is the place where I will stay for a few days.


I could imagine my room because L used to live in Victoria Hall and I visited her several times here. But, wow, this is small! Because I’m living in a two-bedroom apartment in the States, which is relatively small from an American sense but big enough to little Japanese like me, this room is just the size of a Japanese one-room apartment, man!


And look at this sink. This is the most inconvenient sink in the world (but I know this is a widely used type of sink in the U.K.), with hot-water and water separated faucets. This is another inefficient thing in the U.K.


I think the typical unit bath applied to Japanese small apartments is better than this bathroom :P