Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Frigideiras do Cantinho


Well, according to my little guidebook that I obtained in the conference kit, Frigideiras do Cantinho was founded in 1796, which is the oldest café in town. Then, why not!

The building looks not that old, but it is obviously historic because you can see Roman ruins through the glass flour, which is really cool but I couldn’t take a good photo of it. Geez, Roman ruins are much older than 1796!

Again, according to my guidebook, “frigideria” is the specialty of this café as the name of the café shows, so, why not! Frigideria is a flat pastry in which meat is stuffed. It was salty and oily, and tasted good halfway through, but it went along with wine. Actually, I had a couple of glasses of wine with the simple frigideria. And the total price for tonight’s dinner was 4.20 euros! What a tourist-friendly meal!