Saturday, July 17, 2010

Yeah, I’m Not Surprised

I have heard a lot the British railway systems never operate on time. Yes, it is true. My train from Cardiff to London Paddington was almost on time, but my train from London Liverpool to Norwich was delayed 20 minutes. My train was originally scheduled to leave at 18:00 sharp. Before 18:00, it was listed on the electric board at Liverpool Station, but it disappeared right after it past 18:00, which panicked me because I didn’t know when my train comes and leaves and which platform would be. Finally, 10 minutes or so later, there was an announcement of my train, which was terrible to hear. I managed to catch the number of the platform and rushed there. After consulting the electric board at the platform if I came to the right train, I got on the train. Then soon after, the train left the station. Geez, I didn’t hear a bell or something to give passengers a notice of departure. What if I needed time to figure out where my platform was?! The British railway systems ...