Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks

I excused myself around 9:30 and went to DS's because I promised to come over to see her kids play fireworks.

The party venue and DS's are 10 minutes apart, including a little bit of freeway ride. I got off freeway and came to the street that DS lives on. Oh man, people were playing fireworks on the street here and there. So, I had to stop until a batch of fireworks went out, drove a little bit and stopped again for fireworks. I repeated this several times until I got to DS's.

It was funny to see people were so excited about primitive fireworks. Fireworks here are not comparable to Japanese artistic fireworks. Aerial fireworks are illegal in this state, but there are a bunch of people launched them anyway. From DS's backyard, we could see them in all directions.