Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Will Miss This Moment

This is nothing special and in fact an everything thing.

I went to see my adviser this morning for his feedback on my dissertation. Well, I needed his help to decode his handwriting, to tell you the truth. Anyway, our meeting ended up having a chatty chat, talking about things other than my dissertation. I like it. And I love this comfortable relationship with my adviser. I really think that I made a good decision to switch advisers a couple of years ago. Wow, it's already two years. Sorry, JR, I have given you a hard time for the whole two years, hee hee hee.

And I thought, I will miss this moment, chatting small things with my adviser. Thank you, JR, for taking care of me.

After I chatted with my adviser, I went to the IT guys office to ask them to set up connections to the printer. After my school moved to a new building, I lost connections to printers, which is really inconvenient. So, I went there. A familiar guy was sitting at the front desk. I asked him to set up connections to the printer. You know, IT guys are kind of dorky-dorky, but I love these nerdy guys in my school. And this guy is a sweet person. He couldn't figure it out mainly because my PC is Japanese, and he called A, his boss, who is also a familiar, sweet guy. Chatting with these laid-back guys, with sunshine coming in from the windows, I felt, ahhh, I'll miss this moment, seriously.

After that, I went to the library to concentrate on revisions of my dissertation. Before I got a table, I dropped by AS's office to say hi. He was there. He is a young, yo-yo kind of dude but sweet person. And handsome. I like him very much, like my young brother. We reported each other's situation and chatted stupid things. And again, I felt, oh my Buddha or whatever, I will definitely miss this moment. I don't know, but every moment is really precious to me.

I've been in an emotional period for the last few days, which is not good because I'd behave weirdly. I have to hold myself together.