Friday, August 19, 2011

Graduation BBQ


DS and RN threw a BBQ party for me this evening, inviting fellow Rotarians and my friends from school. It was a perfect evening to have a party outside. Some people couldn't make it, but JR and PC, S and T, D and T, and M (she couldn't bring her husband and daughter, ugh) from school showed up. They are awesome people. They brought cards and gifts anyway, though I said no gifts. I appreciate their thoughtfulness.

A made these cookies for me. They look professional. I wonder why she doesn't make business with her skill. Thanks, A.

AP, a Rotarian, told me a secret. The university president came to the Rotary meeting this Wednesday for me! MT, a Rotarian, asked the president, who is also a Rotarian of a different Rotary Club in town, to come over to make my surprise lunch more special. I completely believed that he happened to be at our meeting this Wednesday as a guest speaker. So, everything that happened during the meeting was totally arranged for me! Oh, my my my my! I was surprised again!

Rotary had another surprise gift for me. A $500 gift card. Wow, that's a lot. I'm almost scared, thinking of how I can pay my debt to Rotary. I don't have a stable (and wealthy) income (I will be a dirt-cheap adjunct!), so I can't make a financial contribution to Rotary, ouch. But I was thinking of donating $500 to Rotary to express my gratitude when I leave this town. I'm not leaving the town for a while, but I donated $500 to Rotary yesterday anyway.

I want to thank DS and RN for putting the party together. It was a nice, relaxing, peaceful party with lovely people.