Thursday, August 11, 2011

Human Network

It's interesting to see job opportunities spread via word of mouth.

I have done some translation work with a documentary filmmaker, and he told his fellow documentary filmmaker about me. And his fellow documentary filmmaker offers me translation work.

Wow, I'm impressed by the power of word of mouth. And now, I kind of understand why social media are powerful now. Well, social media are not my case, though.

I appreciate that the filmmaker who I worked with first spread my reputation.

You know what, I realized that translation work is more rewarding than teaching (Teaching sucks!). People say "Thank you" each time I submit my work. Yes, workers need appreciation! I learned that through my dissertation research. People want to be appreciated! Me, too! I don't like teaching! Uh-oh ...