Thursday, January 12, 2012

Casual Phone Interview

I got a call from the company that I'm taking exams with. The purpose of the call today was to tell me about conditions of employment and other miscellaneous stuff. It was pretty casual, and it was almost like a small talk. I asked why I passed the interpretation evaluation though I think it was a disaster. They admitted that my interpretation was very slow. But because my result of the translation exam was excellent, they said they saw potential in my interpretation though my performance was not great. Rather, they said that it was amazing that I passed the evaluation even though I have no experience in interpretation. They said 70% of interpreters who are working for the company have a master's degree in conference interpretation. Really?! They are a group of professional interpreters, then. I'm really intimidated now. Even if I'm hired, I don't think I can live up to their expectation.

Anyway, if they liked me in today's phone interview, they will set up an interview with management. Ohhhh, I'm really intimidated.