Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wishy-Washy

I know I'm pretty wishy-washy. That's why I can't make up my mind easily. I thought I don't like teaching, though I like standing and speaking in front of people and I like American kids (most of them are sweet). At the end of last term, I confirmed that I don't like teaching. But today, after class, I felt like I would miss teaching if I quit for a job in the private sector. Because I'm more relaxed this term and I feel comfortable giving lectures (because I taught this class before), my students look relaxed and comfortable to be in class. They participate in discussion, and they seem to be enjoying my lectures. Now, I'm confused. The job market for Ph.D.s is grim. So, highly likely, I won't get a teaching job. And I know I'd better look for a job in the private sector. But I think I will miss teaching. Well, I don't know. I may change my mind toward the end of the term. I may be fed up with teaching by then. Man, I'm so wishy-washy.