Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cool Gift

DS kindly offered me a birthday dinner tonight, but instead, I asked her to use her kitchen and cook dinner for her family. Living alone and cooking for myself all the time are not fun. I want to cook for many.

So, I went to her house in the evening to cook. C was there, sitting the kids. C was like, "Are you going to cook on your own birthday?!" Hahaha, I'm a weirdo.

I made Vermont Pork Chops, Sauteed Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts, Chile Cheese Egg Casserole, and Smoke Salmon Maki Rolls. As I expected, kids didn't eat veggies, but the boy loved pork and the girl loved my sushi as usual. I would say it was a success. Well done.

After dinner, they gave me gifts. They didn't have to because I'm always bugging them. I'm the person who has to show gratitude. 
As a family gift, they gave me a bottle of nice tequila. Whoa, yummy. And the boy gave me this $2 bill, which is fantastic. The other day, he happened to me show me his $2 bill, and I got excited because I hadn't seen a $2 bill before. The boy remembered it, and he thought a $2 bill would be a great gift. He is right. It is a great gift for a little nerdy me. Thanks, everyone!