Saturday, November 3, 2007

Football 201

Oh, well, today is Saturday, that means, today is college football day. And, DG kindly gave me a lecture on football following last Saturday. I'm not into football, to be honest. But what can I say?

Because he had his friend (he is not into it, either) with him, we decided to watch the game at home. But we faced a problem. The game, which was a big game according to DG, was not on TV. How come? The game took place in our town, and our school was in. Why didn't TV broadcast the game in the town? Anyhow, DG has a cable TV at home which is supposed to broadcast all college football games. He called his friend to check out what the problem was and figured out bars have the game on TV. Isn't that weird? With some reasons, bars have special licenses to broadcast games which are not broadcast to TV at home, DG's friend who joined us at the bar where we ended up explained to me.

At any rate, DG enjoyed the game (our school won!), and I enjoyed beer. Oh, I love IPA, which is very tasty beer. Yummy. Let's see ... I didn't learn anything from today's football lecture because of three pints of IPA.