Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Legs


I realized today that I hadn't seen my naked legs. Yeah, of course, I don't take a shower with clothes on, but while taking a shower, I don't wear glasses. The point is, to be honest, I was surprised at my legs reflected on the mirror in the fitting room, like, "Wow, these are my legs?!"

SR took me to a store to buy a simple black dress and a pair of open-toe high heels. Actually, this was DM's idea. The other day, I told him that I'm involved in a high society here. Out of blue, he asked me, "Do you have any formal, say, black dresses? High heels?" And I answered, "Well, I have a dress, kind of. It's not black though." Next day, he emailed me, saying, "SR will take you to a store to buy a black dress and a pair of shoes. Accept my gift for you." I thought he's doing too much to me. But you know, at least I know, he's a tyranny. Actually, I was glad that he's caring about me and my career. Thanks, DM.

So, SR, who is a friend of DM and CM and living a couple blocks from my apartment, kindly took me to a store. It was fun to shop with her. We were demanding shoppers, saying, "Nay, this is too busy," "Nay, their heels will kill me," and something like that. But at the end, we found five potential dresses, and a couple of pairs of heels. I put on one by one and asked SR's judgement. "Nay, it doesn't go with those shoes," "Nay, out of question," and so on and so forth. Anyhow, in the end, we came an agreement and bought a nice black dress and a shiny pair of heels.

My point is, my legs. I hadn't thought of or seen closely my legs for long because I usually cover up my legs by wearing pants. I'm not a big fan of skirts anyway. So, my opinion about my legs is ... my legs are bony :(