Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Coco, My Starbucks Name


OK, since I got a Starbucks card, I regularly go to Starbucks. My nearest Starbucks is busy whenever I go. So, when they take orders, they ask customers' names so that they can call customers' names when their orders are ready. The problem is, baristas never catch my name correctly. When my order comes to an end, a barista calls, "Tall soy latte for ... um, ah, what?!"

It's funny. My name is everyday name in Japan, but here, it's not. Everyone has a hard time to catch it.

Anyway, in order to have my order correctly, I have come to a Starbucks name: Coco. This is originally created by my friend's daughter who was four years old back then, a few years ago now. She tried hard to pronounce my name with her mother's help, and finally she said, "Coco Moco." Well done! I like it.

So, I took only Coco from it because the Moco part would confuse Starbucks staff. Now, Starbucks staff calls when my order is ready, "Tall soy latte for Coco!" Alrighty.