Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Second Accident Witnessed

That intersection must be famous for car accidents. I mean by that intersection the intersection is near my favorite supermarket. I turn left at the intersection toward the parking lot of the supermarket, and I usually sit on the left-turn lane for a while, waiting for the traffic arrow going green. As usual, I was siting there in very front because the arrow was red. But, the two lines next to me were running because their lights were green. Suddenly, I heard the noise of car crash. A minivan next to me was crashed on the left side by a truck changing lanes from the far right. The truck driver mustn't have checked traffic before he changed lanes.

I also witnessed a car accident at the same interaction in the beginning of this month or later last month. I was again sitting on the left-turn lane. A car came from left to right when the lights just turned from yellow to red. And a car on the far right lane started driving forward because its traffic light turned green. Then, this car hit the side of another car from left. I assume the car on the far right couldn't see the other car approaching because there were two cars left next to the car.

Anyway, I have to drive carefully. Well, even I drive carefully, if others don't, I will be in trouble. Please drive safe, everyone!