Thursday, November 4, 2010

Starbucks Card


OK, I'm using a Starbucks Card. When was it? Some time last month, someone gave it to me, and I started using it.

Yesterday, I got an email from Starbucks by saying that I was promoted to Green Level whatever it means. But, I realized that there are some benefits of being Green Level, again whatever it means. One benefit goes, "We'll add flavored syrup to your drink, or customize with soy milk, for free." Wow, this is good news. I don't care about syrup at all, but I do soy milk. I usually have soy latte at Starbucks. And, I know Starbucks adds 50 cents for soy milk. A 12 ounce cafe latte is $2.50, and with soy milk, it becomes $3.00. So, I usually pay $3.00.

I was wondering how a barista knows I'm Green Level and qualified for 50 cents discount. But anyway, I went to a Starbucks this afternoon to have, of course, soy latte. I ordered as usual, "Can I get a tall soy latte?," sticking out my Starbucks card. And, the barista said, "It's gonna be $2.50." I remember it was before he swiped my card. Then, how could he know I'm qualified for discount?! Or, simply, he may have forgot to add 50 cents? I didn't want to mess things up, so I just kept my mouth shut there. But, I will try again anytime soon to see if they make a discount for me from now on.