Saturday, November 6, 2010

Football Crazy People


I don't care about football at all until it affects me. But, this weekend it did, jeez.

During the weekend, the parking lot near the library become free. In other words, you can park your car without permission and for free. Who comes to campus during the weekend? Only nerds like me, right?

But, I realized today that there is other type of nerds. That is, football nerds!

Expecting there would be plenty of room in that parking lot, I drove there. And, I found there was no empty spot at all, AT ALL! Cars sitting in the parking lot carried green and yellow stuff and/or a college flag. That means, those cars are football fans'. I should have known that there would be a football game this afternoon, damn ass ... See, I don't care about football games at all.

Anyway, because I couldn't find a free parking spot, I drove back to my apartment, parked the car in my parking spot, and biked back to the library. What a waste of time and gas!

After I went back to campus and before I shut myself in the library cell, I went to Starbucks to get some coffee. Baristas were talking about how crazy their business was in this morning. Compared with that hectic morning, the time when I was there was almost like spooky, they said. Yeah, they were right. Whenever I'm there, there is a long line. But not this afternoon. I was served immediately, without making a line. Yes, it was spooky. By the way, they told me that there was a long line even out of the shop in this morning. Wow.