Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chomsky


The talk was scheduled to start at 7 pm. So, I went one hour earlier to get a seat. I thought it'd be crowded, but I didn't expect that crowded! It was ridiculously crowded. When I got there (the hall), there were already a bunch of people around the doors. I walked along the line, which turned out very very long. I ended up coming to the end of the campus! Walking toward the end of the line, I thought I couldn't get in the hall anyway.

While I was walking, someone started sending people to another venue where would have video stream of the talk. So I went there. Then, I realized this alternative hall was almost packed. I was lucky to find a seat. The hall where I was was fully packed with people sitting on stairs. An organizer (and police officer) came and got them out because of fire regulations. Poor people, they were there for 30 minutes or something. The organizer said they were setting up another venue. I hope they could finally get in.

The talk was great. I think Chomsky is a little bit too deterministic, but I like him because of his confidence in what he says. No one argues against him anyway because he is Chomsky. He is the god.