Thursday, April 7, 2011

Devastated

I can't get it, I can't get it. I did behind-the-scene stuff to avoid this kind of mess, but it apparently didn't work.

OK, I showed a part of this chapter to this person in the beginning of last term, seeking her advice, because I was not sure if I was on the right track. That time, she said she like it. Because I thought I got consent from her, I worked on it, and that chapter became 120+ pages long. Then, I submitted the whole chapter to her in the middle of last term. And now, after the spring break and the first week of the spring term, I finally got her feedback on it, which devastated me. She doesn't like it. What?! Don't you remember you said you like it?! Because you said so, I kept doing what I was doing, damn it. Rewrite the chapter?! Give me a break! Why didn't you give me that I-change-my-mind feedback earlier!? I'm running out of time. How do you think I can make it by my oral defense scheduled in the beginning of May?! I don't get it, I just don't get it. I feel like I'm stupid, putting belief in my committee. This experience makes me aware how much I'm tired of academic bullshit! I just want to get out of it and make decent money by doing something productive.