Monday, April 25, 2011

New Exercise Shoes


My old Reebok lost its grip so that it was time to replace it with a new pair of shoes.

I went to Sports Authority and found it (or that particular outlet) dealing only with Nike in terms of fitness shoes. I prefer Reebok to Nike regarding exercise shoes because of the width of shoes. Nike is usually narrow.

So I went to Lady Foot Locker next. They have a variety of Reebok and other brands. I explained a sales person that I wanted to have Reebok and my budget was $80ish. After a lecture about all those shoes, that sales person left me alone to pick a few shoes to try on. I picked three types of shoes, all black. Nowadays, exercise shoes are really, really colorful, which is not my taste. The combination of gray and pink, black and fluorescent green, and something that colors do not necessary match each other. I like shoes in a simple color, so this time, black.

The sales person told me that what I chose was all Nike. Shit. Anyway, I tried them on, starting with size 7. Size 7 was really tight. I knew it because Nike is smaller than other brands. The sales person told me the same. Then, I tried size 7.5. I thought it would be OK, but the sales person suggested to me to have one size up. So, I ended up with size 8. It was the first time in my life to try on size-8 shoes!

There were three types of shoes, but the store didn't have two of them in my size. But the last choice was my favorite, so it was not disappointing. After trying on the last choice and walking around in the store, I decided to buy them. And the sales person came to me and told me with sympathy the shoes cost $100, more than my budget.

Oh well, it was a big buy, but I needed new shoes anyway to protect myself from injury while exercising.