Friday, April 22, 2011

Submission

OK, I submitted my dissertation to my committee members this afternoon. It was quite a hassle. I frantically revised my dissertation until 3 in the afternoon. I rushed to school to print. Then, the printer was jammed, urgh! I asked help for IT guys. They tried to set up a different printer in my PC, but it took forever. Then, I asked them to let me print my stuff to the good print through their Mac. They transferred my stuff to their Mac and pressed the button to print. Then, their Mac didn't recognize the printer. So, they had to set it up in their Mac, too. It took long. After a while, they finally did it and sent my stuff to the printer. I was waiting at the printer. Yes, the printer started spitting out my stuff! But I realize the toner was really really light, urgh! I asked IT guys to change the toner. They did. The printer started working again. But the toner was still light. It was probably because of the setting, but I didn't know how to fix it. I just didn't do anything but letting it go. Also, because I created my file with my PC and moved it to a Mac to print, my file was not transferred well. The footer was kind of out, so page numbers in the footer did not print well, urgh! Why this kind of things happens when you are in a hurry!

Anyway, I finally put copies of my dissertation in my committee members' mailboxes some time after 5. After that, I emailed my committee members by apologizing those issues in copies of my dissertation.

I'm so tired of dissertation stuff. Rewriting, revising, making mess with the printer and everything. And I know I will make another mess in my oral defense. I just want to finish this ...