Thursday, January 3, 2008

Mochi Party


So, what did I do first thing in the morning today is to cook red beans (of course, this is one of Oshogatsu presents from YO) to make zenzai, my favorite Japanese sweet! Ohhhh, I didn't notice how much I'd missed zenzai until today.

While cooking red beans (it takes about two hours), I boiled soba noodles (other Oshogatsu presents from YO) and ate them. After eating greasy and oversweet American food (they are tasty though) for about a month, sugar-free, oil-free soba noodles with wasabi mustard and seaweed soothed my stomach very well. They tasted so good.

In time, DG came back here from his hometown. So, we had a little mochi party with zenzai and dengaku (sweet miso paste) mochi. Oh, mochi (other Oshogatsu presents from YO, again) also tasted so good.

YO brought me a great Oshogatsu here. Thanks a bunch, YO, again and all the time!