Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Positive Aspect of Local Airlines

I like Horizon Air. Simply, because they serve free alcohol (wine and beer)! As you know, domestic flights do not provide alcohol drinks for free. American airlines are, in general, very tightfisted.

Anyhow, alcohol beverages Horizon Air serves during the flight are complimentaries from local (Northwestern) breweries. I usually don't pay attention to in-flight announcement, but my ears caught the word "complimentaries" in the announcement. I confess that I'm sensitive free things. You know, I'm a poor student now! No one can blame me.

When a flight attendant came down the aisle to serve drinks, I made sure by asking alcohol drinks are really, truly for free (I don't want to pay $5 for a little can of beer). She said, "Yes," with a big smile. Then, I made a bigger smile and asked a complimentary beer.

Tonight's complimentary beer was Full Sail which is brewed in Oregon. It was dark kind and perfectly my taste. I'm not saying that the beer was good because it was free of charge (sounds like I'm excusing myself?), but as a whole, I think Oregon beer is very good.