Friday, September 19, 2008

Big Moving Party

Today was a big moving day. Moving is always stressful. But I was lucky to have several people to help me. So today began like this ...

MT came to pick me up with her truck. I had made a reservation of a U-Haul truck to move with a couple of friends of mine, but MT offered me her help and suggested me to cancel the reservation, and I did. So, MT and I picked up YY first to help us carry heavy things, and drove to SC's office. SC gave me his desk which is huge and heavy. Then, we went to SR's house to collect some stuff. Because SR kept bigger things in a U-Haul storage, we drove there. MT, YY and I were in MT's truck, and SR and her son J were in SR's Volvo. In SR's storage, there were tons of stuff. SR kindly gave me a lot of stuff--a queen size bed, dining table, coffee table, table lamp, chest, three chairs, and so on. It is not too much to say that my room and living room are decorated by SR's furniture.

Though we had stressful moments to pack those stuff in MT's truck, finally, we loaded them and came to my apartment complex. Because MT is a busy person, as soon as we unloaded my stuff in front of my apartment, she left. YY was also busy and rushed to school. SR and J also went home. And I was left with my stuff.

I appreciate everyone, MT, YY, SR and J, for their help, kindness and generosity. I'm so lucky to have them.