Friday, September 19, 2008

Housing Office Sucks


Leaving my stuff in front of my apartment, I went to the office to check in. And I called my roommate, IN, to come over to check in.

I was surprised at what the person in the office told me.

"Hi, we came here to check in #AB."
"Are you blah blah blah?"
"No, I'm Minami the Duck."
"Then, you are moving in #CD."

#CD is a third floor unit (without the elevator). The housing office offered me this unit once in August, saying that I could move in as early as Sept. 2. But it was on the third floor without the elevator, I rejected their offer. Then, they put me in #AB, which I needed to wait until today to move in. So, I got angry!

"Man! It's ridiculous! If I move in #CD, I didn't need to wait until today. I waited until today because the housing office told me that I would move in #AB. I have an agreement with the housing office that I will move in #AB. I can show you emails from the housing office for my evidence."
"But someone already moved in #AB. This term, this complex is full. So, there's no choice."
"Why don't you call the housing office!"

She called the housing office, talked on the phone for a while, and hung up. After a while, maybe 10 or 15 minutes, the housing office called her back. After hanging up the phone, she said, "#EF is available, which is on the second floor. Are you gonna take this?" I had no choice other than taking this.

IN and I wen to check out our apartment. It turned out nicer than #AB becaues it doesn't face to the street as #AB does. But the problem was my stuff. I left my stuff in front of #AB. #AB and #EF are far opposite sides of the complex. MT left already, and that meant we didn't have a truck to transport my heavy stuff across the complex.

But again, I'm so lucky to have great friends. Even though IN was not going to move in today, she spared her time to move my stuff. Also Z and her husband who are living in the complex helped me to move. How many times did we walk up and down between two apartments with heavy stuff? I don't have any words to express my gratitude to IN, Z and her husband.

After putting things in, my apartment turned to be a mess. I gave up sleeping there tonight, I came back to DS's cozy house. I'm gonna miss DS and her family badly.